This is a full-time position with a pay range of $17.00- $19.00 per hour.
The Rapid Rehousing Specialist(s) will assist homeless Transition Age Youth (TAY) ages 18-24 in obtaining and maintaining permanent housing. Some TAY will be provided rental assistance and others not, but all will receive supportive services by the Rapid Rehousing Specialist, including, basic and independent living skills assessment, training, supervision, and referrals and support, as needed. The Specialist will assist clients in apartment searches, working with landlords, moving into and setting up their apartments, and other activities to ensure self-sufficiency and housing stability. Approximately 40 youth will be served annually.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Crisis intervention and response;
- Outreach, Screening, Intake and Assessment;
- Coordination, development, implementation, ongoing assessment of client’s case management needs, service and plans;
- Referral readiness, information and facilitation;
- Case specific youth advocacy;
- Transporting program participants, as required and consistent with agency policies;
- Possesses sound problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Maintains clear professional boundaries;
- Is able to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends;
- Is able to lift and move furniture and household items, to assist setting up housing as needed;
- Understands and promotes strength-based service delivery (youth leadership, asset development);
- Is skilled in case management techniques and interventions;
- Is familiar with independent living skills curricula, philosophy and teaching approaches;
- Is familiar with the homeless/runaway youth service system and community resources;
- Maintains accurate and up to date client records; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to ethical conduct
- Demonstrate professionalism i.e., timely, dependable, responsible, flexible
- Be non-judgmental and respectful
- Model principles of inclusion and tolerance
- Be youth centered and positive
- Be family friendly
- Establish effective working relationships with supervisor and co-workers
- Develop positive relationships with all key stakeholders
- Have strong literacy skills (i.e., reading, writing, comprehension)
- Have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Conduct research and apply best-practices and evaluation methods
- Effectively promote knowledge and skill development and positive behaviors
- Provide leadership and/or work independently as requested
Candidate must possess significant knowledge of –
- Adolescent development including: positive youth development, asset development, risk reduction and protective factors
- Youth serving systems
- Community resources
- Client advocacy
The Center delivers services to youth and families from many racial, ethnic, cultural, social and life style groups. We value differences in people and strive to understand diverse cultures, ethnic origins, sexual orientations, abilities and beliefs. To this end, all staff are required to attend professional development trainings and to continually enhance their understanding of cultural diversity.
Staff are expected to respect and honor cultural and human diversity. The annual Performance Appraisal provides an opportunity for staff to evaluate how they are integrating culturally competent practices into their everyday work.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in human services, education or a related field; and (1) one-year experience or an equivalent combination of education, employment and life experience. Master’s degree preferred.
In addition to the above, it is mandatory that candidates meet the following criteria prior to hire:
- Authorization for the agency to obtain driving record information
- Proof of a satisfactory physical exam within the last 12 months including a PPD and annually thereafter.
- A valid driver’s license and regular access to a motor vehicle
- Automobile insurance at the level of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per accident Bodily Injury and $50,000 Property Damage
- Access to a telephone
Candidates must be able to be autonomously mobile and able to physically perform requirements of the position such as lifting and moving.
COMPUTER SKILLS RECOMMENDED
Microsoft Office- Advanced
The Center for Youth provides equal opportunities for employment.