This is a full- time position with a flat rate of $22.00 per hour at 37.50 hours for 11 months.
This position will assist in the facilitation the implementation, development, and management of community schools’ activities, events, programs and services that lead to healthy and successful children, strong families and a thriving community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Partners with school to promote the community school’s strategy
- Establishes and maintain linkages with local organizations and businesses to develop expanded learning opportunities, health and social services to support the community school’s strategy
- Provides day-to-day support of community school partnerships
- Plans and directs efforts to involve students and engage families in the community school strategy
- Assists with designing and managing volunteer systems within the school
- Assists in data collection and evaluation
- Participates in capacity-building activities including initiative-wide and site-based trainings, network meetings and study visits
- Works collaboratively with parent liaisons to increase family engagement at the school site
- Works collaboratively with the Department of Community and Family Engagement and site-based leadership team to assure successful implementation of the community schools’ strategy
- Perform school-specific additional duties that respond to the emerging needs of the assigned school and that are agreed upon by the Leadership Team and CFY
The Center delivers programs and services to youth and families across Monroe County who represent many racial, cultural and geographic groups. The Center ensures understanding and values differences in people of diverse cultures, ethnic origins, sexual orientation, disabilities and beliefs. All staff are required to attend cultural competency workshops and trainings and to continually enhance their own understanding of cultural diversity. The Center Performance Appraisal, administered annually, provides an opportunity for staff to evaluate how they are integrating culturally competent practices into everyday work.
- Associate’s Degree, social services, education, youth development, public administration or related field, Bachelor’s Degree in same areas is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with children, students and families is required
- Knowledge of the Greece community and resources is required
- Must have excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to collect, analyze data and understand trends is required
- Must be youth friendly and positive
- Must have significant knowledge of positive youth development, asset development, risk reduction and protective factors
Must have access to a vehicle, telephone and possess a valid Driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier. In addition, must have the following automobile insurance: $100,000 per person/$300,000 per incident Bodily Injury and $50,000 per incident Property Damage.
COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED:
Microsoft Office – Intermediate
Internet Explorer – Intermediate
The Center for Youth provides equal opportunities for employment.