Please note: This is a part-time position at 30 hours a week with a pay range of $20-22.00 per hour. The schedule consists of: 3 days a week from 9a-3p and 2 days a week from 1p-7p for the 2023-2024 school year including summer 2023.
In collaboration with the Greece Central School District, this position works with TogetherNow to operate a Neighborhood Navigation Center to serve GCSD families before, during, and after school hours, using MyWayFinder software, provide person-centered support and services to community members in order to help them achieve their goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Work in collaboration with the District Community Schools Coordinator, District Social Workers, and other mental health staff as needed to support families that participate at the Neighborhood Navigation Center
- Report directly to and meet weekly with the NNC Case Coordinator and Supervisor
- Meet with the District Community Schools Team monthly to support Community Schools Strategy
- Provide outreach and build relationships with GCSD students and families
- Help create and facilitate NNC presentations within GCSD and community partners
- Act compassionately and quickly in response to families in crisis, which may include homelessness, domestic violence, food insecurity, etc.
- Become an active participant in school and community activities and events to build relationships
- Help GCSD community members identify and successfully navigate community resources and services across health, human services, education, and government sectors that are necessary to reach self-defined goals and improve their overall well-being
- Maintain regular client contact
- Advocate for clients, provide emotional support, and support self-advocacy skills when appropriate
- Execute other tasks as assigned by the NNC Case Coordinator and Supervisor
- Participation in individual supervision and all mandated meetings and trainings
- Knowledge of the Greece Community and familiarity with Greece Central School District
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management
- Ability to collect and input data
- Familiarity with the Community Schools Strategy
- Experience working or volunteering with children, students and families
- Desire to be an advocate and champion of the GCSD Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiative;
- Strong computer knowledge, specifically in Google Workspace
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to listen without judgement
- Strong clerical and organizational skills
- Must be flexible, responsible, and dependable.
The Center delivers programs and services to youth and families across Monroe County who represent many racial, cultural and geographic groups. The Center ensures understanding and values differences in people of diverse cultures, ethnic origins, sexual orientation, disabilities and beliefs. All staff are required to attend cultural competency workshops and trainings and to continually enhance their own understanding of cultural diversity. The Center Performance Appraisal, administered annually, provides an opportunity for staff to evaluate how they are integrating culturally competent practices into everyday work.
A High school graduate (or GED equivalent); Associate’s Degree Preferred.
In addition to the above, it is mandatory that candidates meet the following criteria prior to hire:
- Authorization for the agency to obtain driving record information
- A valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier
- Regular access to a motor vehicle
- Automobile insurance at the level of $100,000 per person/ $300,000 per accident Bodily Injury and $ 50,000 Property Damage
Candidates must be able to be autonomously mobile in order to provide the required services.
Computer Skills Recommended:
Microsoft Office – Intermediate
The Center for Youth provides equal opportunities for employment.