IMPORTANT: In the email subject line, please refer to job title
We want you! We are now offering a $500 bonus at the time of hire and an additional $250 after successfully completing 6 months of employment. Please consider joining our team at The Center for Youth!
The Transitional Living Program Case Manager(s) will be assigned clients from both the residential and non-residential tracks of the TLP program and will provide intensive, basic and independent living skills assessment, training, supervision, referrals and support, as needed. Approximately 40 youth will be served annually. This is a (12) twelve month, full-time position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Crisis intervention and response;
- Outreach, Screening, Intake and Assessment;
- Coordination, development, implementation, ongoing assessment of client’s case management needs, service and plans;
- Referral readiness, information and facilitation;
- Case specific youth advocacy;
- Transport program participants, as required and consistent with agency policies;
- Possess sound problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Maintain clear professional boundaries;
- Able to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends;
- Understand and promote strength-based service delivery (youth leadership, asset development);
- Skilled in case management techniques and interventions;
- Familiar with independent living skills curricula, philosophy and teaching approaches;
- Familiar with the homeless/runaway youth service system and community resources;
- Maintain accurate and up to date client records; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to ethical conduct
- Demonstrate professionalism i.e., timely, dependable, responsible, flexible
- Be non-judgmental and respectful
- Model principles of inclusion and tolerance
- Be youth centered and positive
- Be family friendly
- Establish effective working relationships with supervisor and co-workers
- Develop positive relationships with all key stakeholders
- Have strong literacy skills (i.e., reading, writing, comprehension)
- Have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Conduct research and apply best-practices and evaluation methods
- Effectively promote knowledge and skill development and positive behaviors
- Provide leadership and/or work independently as requested
Candidate must possess significant knowledge of –
- adolescent development including: positive youth development, asset development, risk reduction and protective factors
- youth serving systems
- community resources
- client advocacy
The Center delivers services to youth and families from many racial, ethnic, cultural, social and life style groups. We value differences in people and strive to understand diverse cultures, ethnic origins, sexual orientations, abilities and beliefs. To this end, all staff are required to attend professional development trainings and to continually enhance their understanding of cultural diversity.
Staff are expected to respect and honor cultural and human diversity. The annual Performance Appraisal provides an opportunity for staff to evaluate how they are integrating culturally competent practices into their everyday work.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in human services, education or a related field; and (1) one year experience or an equivalent combination of education, employment and life experience. Master’s degree preferred.
In addition to the above, it is mandatory that candidates meet the following criteria prior to hire:
- Completion of State Central Registry Clearance form*
- Authorization for agency to complete criminal background check
- Authorization for the agency to obtain driving record information
- Proof of a satisfactory physical exam within the last 12 months including a PPD and annually
- Completion of fingerprinting process and clearance via NYS Justice Center
- A valid driver’s license, regular access to a motor vehicle and automobile insurance at the level of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per accident Bodily Injury and $50,000 Property Damage
- Access to a telephone
*Note: It is also mandatory that new employees be cleared by the NYS Central Register prior to unsupervised interaction with clients.
Candidates must be able to be autonomously mobile in order to provide the required services.
COMPUTER SKILLS RECOMMENDED
Microsoft Office – Advanced
Internet Explorer – Advanced
The Center for Youth provides equal opportunities for employment.