IMPORTANT: In the email subject line, please refer to job title
Assistant Directors are responsible for providing overall assistance in overseeing all of the Counseling and RHY programs and services. This includes support and supervision to the Program Managers; monitoring and evaluating direct service delivery; implementing ongoing quality improvements; and assuring compliance with policies and procedures, and adherence to funder requirements and regulations. This position will oversee several programs at The Center, including residential programs that are active 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Assistant Directors also participate in the On-Call RHY Supervisor rotation (for 1 week, every 7-8 weeks). This emergency response system is intended to provide after-hours and weekend support to the Emergency Shelter, Crisis Nursery, and other RHY residential programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND EXAMPLE OF DUTIES):
- Monitors and supports Program Managers in fulfilling personnel functions, staff supervision, development of performance standards, performance reviews and disciplinary actions
- Plans, develops and implements evaluation and assessment of services
- Develops and implements services consistent with agency mission and philosophy
- Provides leadership, coordination and integration of RHY services and other agency services
- Monitors program contract objectives
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the program management plan
- Participates in the orientation of new staff
- Provides support in the development of agency grants and responds, as requested, to funder requests and needs
- Ensures client safety and quality of care through compliance with all state, federal and local regulations governing the operation of RHY programs including certification, record keeping, reporting and evaluation requirements
- Actively networks and participates with other provider agencies and collaborations
- Provides other responsibilities and assigned
Is youth friendly and positive
Possess significant knowledge of:
- issues relating to runaway/homeless youth, adolescent development and behaviors, outreach and residential services
- counseling and case management (individual and group)
- basic and independent life skills
- youth serving systems
- community resources
- partnerships and collaborations
- adolescent development including: positive youth development, asset development, risk reduction and protective factors
- communication and conflict resolution skills
- program development and assessment skills
- staff supervision and development
- quality assurance methods
Possess the ability to:
- structure, organize and chair meetings and work groups
- work with diverse community groups and educators to build partnerships to meet youth and family needs
- be sensitive to and appreciate cultural differences
- manage and evaluate programs and services
The Center delivers programs and services to youth and families across Monroe County who represent many racial, cultural and geographic groups. The Center ensures understanding and values differences in people of diverse cultures, ethnic origins, sexual orientations, disabilities and beliefs. All staff are required to attend cultural competency workshops and trainings and to continually enhance their own understanding of cultural diversity. The Center Performance Appraisal, administered annually, provides an opportunity for staff to evaluate how they are integrating culturally competent practices into everyday work.
Candidates must be able to be autonomously mobile in providing easy access to services.
- Master Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field and 3 years related experience OR Bachelor Degree in above areas and 5 years related experience
- A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and telephone
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with driving record acceptable to our agency insurance carrier
- Must carry minimum auto insurance coverage of Bodily Injury: $100,000 per person/$300,000 per accident and Property Damage: $50,000
COMPUTER SKILLS RECOMMENDED:
Pay Rate: $52,000 – $57,000
The Center for Youth provides equal opportunities for employment.