IMPORTANT: In the email subject line, please refer to job title
*This is a LIVE-IN Position*
Signing Bonus Available! Pay is a combination of rent and NYS minimum wage.
The TLP Live-In Support Specialist resides in a private program site apartment and remains on-call to provide support and supervision to Transitional Living Program residential clients from 6pm-8am Mon-Fri and on weekends and holidays. Employees are not required to stay on-site the entire time, but are required to be on-call and available to report at any time during that time period to provide assistance as needed. An overnight presence is required. Some primary duties are performing apartment and curfew checks, responding to client’s “after-hours” needs/emergencies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Perform apartment checks (health and safety) and curfew checks as scheduled by the Program Manager;
- Provide participants with access to their apartments in the event of lock-outs;
- Respond to after hour TLP client emergencies as indicated by program procedures and alert Agency On-Call Supervisor when appropriate;
- Possess sound judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Is youth positive, friendly, engaging and can foster a sense of trust;
- Maintain clear professional boundaries;
- Attend TLP Group Supervision bi-monthly;
- Maintain regular contact with Case Managers and Program Manager;
- Maintain accurate and up to date records on apartment/curfew checks;
- Ability to respond to clients between the hours of 6pm and 8am as well as during the weekend hours; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to ethical conduct
- Demonstrate professionalism i.e., timely, dependable, responsible, flexible
- Be non-judgmental and respectful
- Model principles of inclusion and tolerance
- Be youth centered and positive
- Be family friendly
- Establish effective working relationships with supervisor and co-workers
- Develop positive relationships with all key stakeholders
- Have strong literacy skills (i.e., reading, writing, comprehension)
- Have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Conduct research and apply best-practices and evaluation methods
- Effectively promote knowledge and skill development and positive behaviors
- Provide leadership and/or work independently as requested
Candidate must possess significant knowledge of –
- adolescent development including: positive youth development, asset development, risk reduction and protective factors
- youth serving systems
- community resources
- client advocacy
The Center delivers services to youth and families from many racial, ethnic, cultural, social and lifestyle groups. We value differences in people and strive to understand diverse cultures, ethnic origins, sexual orientations, abilities and beliefs. To this end, all staff are required to attend professional development trainings and to continually enhance their understanding of cultural diversity.
Staff are expected to respect and honor cultural and human diversity. The annual Performance Appraisal provides an opportunity for staff to evaluate how they are integrating culturally competent practices into their everyday work.
A minimum of Associates degree in human services, education or a related field; and 1 year experience or an equivalent combination of education, employment and life experience.
In addition to the above, it is mandatory that candidates meet the following criteria prior to hire:
- Completion of State Central Registry Clearance form*
- Authorization for agency to complete criminal background check
- Proof of a satisfactory physical exam within the last 12 months including a PPD and annually thereafter.
- Authorization for the agency to obtain driving record information
- A valid driver’s license, regular access to a motor vehicle and automobile insurance at the level of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per accident Bodily Injury and $50,000 Property Damage
- Access to a telephone
*Note: It is also mandatory that new employees be cleared by the NYS Central Register prior to unsupervised interaction with clients.
Candidates must be able to be autonomously mobile in order to provide the required services.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $12.50 per hour